Xerox Project 10/30

    For this project we had to scan parts of ourselves and put together a 2D/3D piece of art inspired by an art movement. The first obstacle for me was developing an idea, the second was getting over the fact that I had to scan my face in front of other students. However, as I actually went and started scanning myself my idea became more clear.
    I have always found surrealist art to be quite intriguing because of its dreamlike quality and focus on the human psyche. The art of the Surrealist movement focused on unleashing and expressing the unconscious mind. Therefore, I found my inspiration in this psychological approach.
     Through my piece I sought to convey the effect and power of our unconscious and conscious minds. The variety of gestures both positive and negative are directed and projected at my "unconscious" face. This is to show how sometimes we can be our own worst enemy, but at the same we can lift ourselves up.


Comments

  1. This piece is great, the references to the human consciousness and even further references to religion and the embodiment of the human experience create a mind tickling journey. The angles you chose for each hand and your face play well together and all in all create a magnificent piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the theme behind your work and as a whole, your project came out to be great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Deconstruction Video

Performance Art