Flipbook



     For this project we had to create a flipbook animation with at least 200 frames. I recognized quickly that this project was going to take a while because of the tedious task of having to adjust each image slightly as I progressed. At points it was difficult to visualize the position and shape the image on the following page had to take in order to keep the animation smooth.
     As for the content itself I played with the idea of direction and order by doing two separate animations, from the front of the book to the back, then from the back towards the front. The first animation consists of a fish that transforms into birds that turn into a snake as I thought it would be something fun to try. The second is a rising wave that I attempted to make turn into a side profile of a face, then an abstract hypnotic ending.
     I chose a dictionary as the medium for my animation as it provided a good background for images and also added a component to my second animation. The wave rising up filled with words and the face speaking portray the weight behind our vocabulary. While it was time-consuming to create and difficult to record, it ultimately was a sort of therapeutic process once I got into the zone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xerox Project 10/30

Deconstruction Video

Performance Art