Art and Technology Post1

       Hello my name is Nick DeCurtis. I am from New Jersey and I enjoy skating, climbing, hiking, camping, and outdoor activities. I am pursuing my BFA in Film and Media Arts and would like a career as a cinematographer or editor. I am inspired by the productions of National Geographic, the Discovery channel, and the History channel. I've always been interested in exploring uncharted and unknown places, and would love to be able to document some of our world's natural treasures.
      Nevertheless, I am also interested in fictional television and movie production, so I would be more than happy working on studio productions. The power of motion picture's ability to capture a story, event, or place in time for everyone to see is truly magnificent to me, and with digital technology always advancing the possibilities are endless. Art is such an instrumental part of people's cultural, personal, and communal identities, and we would be nowhere without it.
       I look forward to this class because we will cover a variety of art forms, cultures, mediums and types of expression. Inspiration is in everything and the more we learn about the unfamiliar the more new ideas can flourish. By seeking a deeper knowledge and understanding of all art forms and how they intertwine with technology I hope to expand my horizons. I wish everyone the best this semester and am excited to see what the class has in store.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Xerox Project 10/30

Deconstruction Video

B4. Broadway